1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup/honey/coconut sugar
3 mashed ripe bananas *about 1 cup
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp Everyday Blend matcha
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line/grease 12 muffin teas.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup or honey together with a whisk. Add eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, matcha and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. If you’d like to add any additional mix-ins, like nuts, chocolate or dried fruit, fold them in now.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a few oats for decoration followed by a light sprinkling of sugar (about 1 teaspoon) to make it a bit crunchy. Bake muffins for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy muffins as is or with a spread of nut butter or regular butter.